HISTORY OF BUILDING FOUNDATION
In 1910 with the permission of Yerevan’s chief architect Boris Mehrabyan, the new building for the Erivan Branch of Tiflis Trade Bank was built on Ter-Ghukasyan Street, opposite the Russian Orthodox Church and it was designed by a prominent architect Michael Ohanjanov.
The bank building’s architecture was in line with the general appearance and atmosphere of the neighboring Russian Cathedral complex square of those years.
CENTENNIAL HISTORY OF THE BUILDING
The preliminary plan for the new building of the Erivanyan branch included the two-story main building on Ter-Ghukasyan Street. Later, a new street was added to the project on Bazarnaya (now Khorenatsi) Street. The result is a G-shaped building on the street corner.
The building of the Communal Bank և The Gray Pearl of the Rural Bank of Yerevan has been serving various respectable institutions for many years, always remaining in the center of attention of the people of Yerevan.
HERITAGE FOR NEW GENERATIONS
Time has left an irreversible mark on these glorious structures, undermining their foundations, distorting their original appearance, so that the infrastructure of the buildings no longer met the modern technological requirements. Recognizing the historical and architectural significance of the buildings, the need to preserve them and the mission of passing them on to future generations, the authors of the Kamar Business Center project have initiated the reconstruction of the city's first banks with all responsibility and care, preserving the old and building the new.